Propane: The Low Carbon, Zero Waste Fuel
Ask most Americans what source of energy will be most helpful as we attempt to meet the challenges of climate change and they will probably say electricity.
But the truth is, propane gas is a central part to a reduced-carbon future and offers many other advantages when compared to electricity.
Consider these propane benefits:
- It’s more eco-friendly – Propane is a clean, low-carbon fuel that is an approved alternative fuel under the U.S. EPA’s Clean Air Act. In fact, choosing propane rather than electricity for space heating, cooking, clothes drying, and water heating could cut carbon emissions in half. Replace your electric clothes dryer with a propane fueled model, for example, and you could reduce CO emissions by as much as three tons over the course of its useful life, according to the Propane Education & Research Council (PERC).
- It produces energy efficiently– According to the U.S. Energy Information Administration, nearly two-thirds of electricity generated at most power plants is lost between the plant and the consumer. Propane gas, on the other hand, is energy generated on the spot – it does not degrade, is easily stored, and is ready for immediate use.
- It can be used anywhere– More than 12 million households in rural America depend on propane’s direct energy for heat, power, and appliances.
- It’s a “good in a crisis” fuel – Propane is portable energy on demand, which makes it an incredibly reliable energy source after hurricanes, wildfires, or other disasters paralyze a community. It’s also the perfect fuel for generators, which can keep your appliances, safety systems, and other equipment working when the grid is down.
- It helps our most vulnerable citizens – According to a study released by the American Gas Association, policies that would force residents to convert their homes to electricity would increase average residential energy costs by as much as $910 per year, forcing lower income Americans to choose between heating their homes and critical necessities like food and medicine.
When it comes to providing high-efficiency energy from a small carbon footprint, few fuels can top propane. Contact us today to learn more about clean, green propane and propane deliveries in Massachusetts for your home or business.
Please note: At FSi, your safety and comfort are always our priority. Please see our COVID-19 Service Update Page to learn more about how we are working to keep our your family and our crews safe and your propane deliveries coming when you need them most.