New Year’s Resolutions for Your Home Comfort in 2020
Can you believe it’s 2020? We can’t either!
But ready or not, a new decade has dawned here in Massachusetts (and everywhere else) – which makes now the perfect time to talk about what you’re going to do to save money, make your life easier, and keep your family comfortable in the months (years? decades?) ahead.
Here are six home comfort promises to keep in 2020:
- Change your air filters – One of the best things you can do to keep the forced air heating or cooling system running efficiently and reliably in your MA home is also the simplest: check your air filters at least once a month during peak cooling and heating seasons, changing them when needed. A clogged filter will cost you twice – first by raising your energy bills, and second by causing unnecessary wear and tear on your equipment.
- Get a programmable thermostat, and use it – Lower the temperature by seven to ten degrees when you’re asleep or out of the house and you could cut your bills by 10 percent or more, says the U.S. Department of Energy. The easiest way to do that? Get a programmable thermostat – if used correctly, it will pay for itself the first year you own it.
- Get Smart-er – Stressed by the heating bill roller coaster? Sign up for our SmartPay budget plan and stretch those payments out over the course of a full year. Available for your propane or heating oil deliveries, SmartPay will level your bills every month, no matter how much fuel you use. Contact us to learn more.
- Get a little HVAC TLC – Want your home comfort systems to run better for longer? Get a professional tune-up every year. Routine maintenance pays for itself by keeping efficiency high and repair risk low. Want even more value for your heating system upkeep? Sign up for an FSi Service Plan.
- Make sensible upgrades – There will come a time when replacing your heating or cooling system makes more sense than repairing it. When that time comes, don’t hesitate to upgrade – the move will often pay for itself in just a few years, and provide more comfort and peace of mind along the way.
- Clear the air – Did you know that your indoor air could hold five times more pollution than the air outside? That’s a bummer – especially if you have family members in your home who suffer from respiratory conditions like asthma or allergies. Breathe easier in 2020 by installing a whole-house air purifier, which removes 99.98% of airborne allergens from your home. Contact us today to learn more.
Start 2020 out right – save money and enjoy more peace of mind with expert propane and heating oil equipment service and from FSi. Contact us today to learn more!