Propane Can Do That! More Comfort And Savings
When you convert your old electric appliances or heating equipment to propane gas, you immediately upgrade your home comfort experience – and save money, too.
It starts with energy efficiency, where propane is the hands-down winner over electricity. For one thing, propane generates far more BTUs than an equivalent amount of electricity, so you need much less of it to produce the same amount of energy for your appliances. For another, nearly two-thirds of electricity generated at most power plants is lost between the plant and your home. Guess who pays for that inefficient delivery? (Hint: it’s not the utility)!
What does that efficiency improvement mean for you in the real world? Here’s an example: a clean-burning propane water heater typically costs 30 percent less to operate than electric model – up to 60 percent less if you use a tankless propane water heater. On top of that, you’ll get more hot water (unlimited in the case of a tankless water heater), and you’ll get it faster – which means long, hot showers and baths.
Discover new propane possibilities
But efficiency is just one advantage of propane; this clean, green fuel opens up a world of opportunities for living better at home, with great options for heating systems and more.
Propane can power your:
- whole house generator – Power outages caused by severe weather can be inconvenient at best and dangerous at worst. With a propane-powered whole house backup generator, your power will be protected – and so will your home, your flood-prone basement, your food, and your valuables.
- furnace – Propane burns hot and clean – two of the main reasons why propane furnaces can heat any home while achieving efficiencies approaching 99 percent.
- space heaters – High efficiency direct-vent propane space heaters available in many sizes and finishes – enable you to create an efficient zone heating system in your home and rescue difficult to heat rooms.
- hearth – Propane fireplaces and cast iron stoves give you the warm glow of a fire at the push of a button, with no set up or cleanup – all at about four times the efficiency of a wood-burning fireplace.
- outdoor living appliances – Want to expand your home without breaking down walls? Turn your outdoor space into a seasonal living space. Add a propane pool heater, built-in cooking grill, patio heater or fire pit and you will make your yard your family’s favorite place to entertain.
- cooking range – A propane stove or cooktop gives you unmatched precision when it comes to controlling cooking temperature – a big reason why more than nine of ten professional chefs chooses to cook with gas.
- clothes dryer – Propane clothes dryers run are more efficient than electric models – and because they generate less static, your clothes will last longer.