A Home Water Filtration System: 9 Benefits
Water is vital to your health, and to hundreds of processes happening every day in your body. The problem is that most people today drink water that contains harmful contaminants – whether that water comes from your city or even from a bottle.
The safest and simplest way to make sure your water is truly clean is to install an in-home advanced water filtration system. Home-filtered water is safer than tap water, which comes from municipal water treatment plants that uses fluoride, chlorine, and other chemicals as “purifiers.” An advanced home water filtration system removes these chemicals, along with most of the 2,100 known toxins found in today’s water supply.
Perks Of In-Home Purified Water
But healthier drinking water is just the tip of iceberg for water filtration benefits. Consider these purified water perks:
- A happier planet. More than 50 billion plastic water bottles were sold in the United States last year, and each one of them will take more than 400 years to disintegrate. With a home water filtration system, you’ll say goodbye to bottled water for good.
- Better skin. Heavy metals, fluoride and chlorine can aggravate skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema, especially in children.
- More money in your pocket. At about $5-6 for a 24-pack, the cost of bottled water can really add up. Investing a few hundred dollars in a filtration system will deliver savings for the long run.
- Fewer plumbing and appliance repairs. Heavy metals, minerals and chemicals in unfiltered water can damage to your plumbing system pipes and appliances such as your refrigerator ice maker, garbage disposal, dishwasher and washing machine.
- More suds. An advanced home water filtration system softens (removes minerals from) your water, which will help you to use less soap to clean your body, your dishes and your clothes.
- Better tasting water. Water filters remove elements that cause drinking water to have an unpleasant taste and smell, such as lead, chlorine and bacteria.
- Better GI health. Parasites and microorganisms living in your water can cause intestinal and digestive problems for you; they are removed by filtration.
- Cleaner clothes. Chemicals in untreated tap water can leave deposits on clothing, keeping them from getting as clean as they could be, while soap scum deposits can leave behind unpleasant smells.
When you add it up, an advance water filtration system makes sense. Your body, clothes, wallet, and planet will thank you for it!
Considering a water treatment system for your home? FSi can help. From reverse osmosis drinking water systems to chlorine and sediment filters and more, we’ll help you find the system that works best for your home, water supply, and budget. Contact us today to learn more.