Heating System Service is a Serious Matter
Heating system service and installation is no simple matter, and it is important to choose your service professionals carefully. Like a car’s engine, a boiler or furnace is a complicated machine that requires expert care. Proper maintenance and installation by a well-trained technician saves you money, protects your equipment and keeps your home safe.
Annual service is recommended by most heating manufacturers to ensure peak performance and keep the equipment warranty valid. Here are some of the steps included in first-rate servicing:
- Checking the burner for proper ignition, burner flame and flame sense
- Analyzing the combustion gas and adjusting the burner to ensure proper mixing of fuel and air
- Checking for carbon monoxide emissions
- Checking air and fuel filters and replacing, if needed
- Inspecting the chimney base
- Checking the vent system for blockage and/or leakage
- Inspecting the heat exchanger for rust and corrosion
- Checking wiring for corrosion and damage
- Inspecting and cleaning the blower wheel (furnace)
- Running an amp draw test on the blower motor to ensure proper operation (furnace)
- Lubricating circulating pump (boiler)
- Inspecting the expansion tank (boiler)
When all these steps are taken, your equipment runs at peak efficiency and is protected against premature wear. You save on fuel right away, your home is safer, and the risk of an unexpected system failure is reduced.
There is no industry standard for how to conduct annual maintenance on a heating system, so the best way to protect your equipment and your home is to entrust your service to a reputable company that has a proven track record of professional service. Contact us for more information on heating system service and maintenance.