Do You Need A New Water Heater? Here Are 5 Signs That You Do
A water heater is a lot like a lost love: you take it for granted until it quits on you, at which point it usually leaves behind a big mess.
The good news is that your water heater will usually let you know it’s unhappy before the worst happens. Here are some telltale signs that you and your water heater are on the outs:
- Higher bills – If your bills are getting higher even though oil or propane prices haven’t budged, your water heater is probably losing efficiency.
- Leaks / rusty water – Water under your tank or rusty water coming from it are often signs that your water heater is corroding on the inside.
- Hard water stains – If you begin to see new signs of hard water, such as white stains on your silverware and glassware, it could be indicating a buildup of lime in your tank – a problem that will reduce efficiency and shorten the lifespan of your water heater.
- Strange sounds – Odd sounds coming from your storage tank usually indicate sediment build-up – a problem that eventually lead to costly water heater repairs or a premature replacement if it is not addressed.
- Age – A storage water heater (one with a tank) will last about 10 years on average, assuming it is properly maintained by a professional; once you pass the decade mark, investing in a replacement water heater usually makes more sense than repairing.
Expert water heater installations in western Massachusetts
If you’re experiencing these or any other problems, it could be time to replace your water heater. Our water heater experts will help you choose a conventional or tankless propane water heater that’s the right fit for your space, use, and budget, then install it quickly and correctly so you can get your life back together.
Considering a tankless water heater? Now is the PERFECT time to install a propane tankless water heater in Massachusetts, where MASS SAVE water heater rebates can save you $800! Contact FSi today to learn more about propane tankless water heater installations in western MA!