Q: What should I do if I smell gas in my home?
A: After only the quickest glance at the on/off knobs on your stove (to see if that’s the source of the problem), open a window or two as you quickly exit the house with your family. Do not hesitate to move quickly and with purpose. Once safely outside, call 911 for help using a cell phone or a neighbor’s telephone.
Q: How should I choose a propane company?
A: We suggest you do the following:
- Review the company’s safety record, any safety programs they enroll in, or safety checks they perform regularly for customers.
- Contact state and local regulatory agencies for information about the company.
- Find out if the company belongs to state and national propane gas associations.
- Ask the company about its gas delivery procedures, service fees, and pricing structures.
- Check with the Better Business Bureau for the company’s reputation and business history.
Q: Can I paint my propane tank?
A: Yes, but paint it in a heat-reflective (i.e., light) color. DO NOT SIMPLY MATCH YOUR HOME DÉCOR OR LANDSCAPING WITHOUT CONSIDERING HEAT REFLECTION. Tanks provided by (and owned by) FSi are white and are to only be painted and/or serviced by FSi employees.
Q: Can I fix my propane equipment or move my propane tank by myself?
A: No. Combustible gasses do not lend themselves to do-it-yourself projects. We know it can be tempting to save money or enjoy a sense of accomplishment by doing work on your propane equipment and tank on your own, but please don’t – for your safety and the safety of your family.
Q: Can I spread out the cost of my propane needs in equal payments?
A: Absolutely, and this is our “default” method of billing our propane customers. We call it SmartPay! Our SmartPay Even Pay Plan spreads out your annual fuel bills over 11 months.
Q: What happens if I miss a payment or I pay late?
A: Just as we must provide fuel at our guaranteed discounted prices, you must pay the specified SmartPay payments on a timely basis. If you fail to make payments or the deliveries are suspended by the buyer for any reason, your account will be placed on credit hold and any monies owed to FSi will become due in full.