5 Signs You May Need a New Water Heater
Is your water heater giving you signals that it’s wearing out? If you think it is, please call us so that we can help you pick the best replacement water heater for your home.
- Age. If your water heater is more than 10 years old, it’s close to — or already past — the end of the typical life span.
- Heating costs. Higher bills even though there have been no changes in your household probably mean that your aging water heater is working harder and less efficiently.
- Rust. If the water is clear from the cold tap, but rusty from the hot tap, it’s a good indication that your tank is corroding. See rust on the outside of the tank? Time is really running out.
- Water stains. Hard water will shorten a water heater’s life. New white stains on utensils and glassware (or more white stains than you’ve had before) indicate long-term mineral buildup in your tank.
- Noise. Growling and gurgling are never good signs from a water heater. They can mean that sediment is collecting due to a lack of maintenance.