Halloween Safety Tips
Halloween is right around the corner and the festivities for kids (and adults) have begun. At Fsi Oil and Propane we believe safety is our first priority, so here some great tips to remember during this holiday season.
Tips for Trick-or-Treating
- When moving from house to house, make sure to watch for traffic. It is also important to stay on any sidewalks or any paths that are available. If there are no sidewalks, walk facing the traffic as far to the left as possible.
- Make sure to Trick-or-Treat in familiar areas and with a group.
- Decorate your child’s costume and bag with reflective tape. Also, have your child carry glow sticks and flashlights to help them see and be seen.
- When selecting a costume, make sure it is the right size to prevent trips and falls. If the costume includes a mask, make sure it does not obstruct the child’s vision.
Tips for Driving on Halloween
- If for some reason you plan on driving, make sure to slow down in residential neighborhoods.
- Take extra time when moving through intersections. Children get excited for Halloween and tend to move in unpredictable ways.
- Eliminate any distractions inside your car so you can focus on the road.
Tips for Halloween Decorations
- It is important to keep your decorations away from all heat sources.
- Reconsider using candles. Use other light sources such as battery operated candles or glow sticks. If you do light a candle, make sure to pay attention and do not leave any unattended.
- All hanging props are secured and any loose wires on the floor should be taped down where foot traffic will be.
- Follow the directions for all decorations. Take any precautions when it comes to a material you are not familiar with.